So, you’re going to have your boudoir photos taken for the first time? How wonderful! I know, it feels a little nerve wracking and exciting all at the same time. Let me assure you, you’re making a fabulous decision. I booked my first shoot at Boudoir Betty’s in January of 2014 and am happily now the new Marketing and Sales Coordinator!
Here are some things you may be thinking, I have a blemish on my arm! My face! Will it be awkward? Will my photographer be personable and down to earth? Are my lady parts going to show? I already shaved but maybe I should shave again… Heck I don’t even know what to expect! Rest assured, I too had all of these thoughts cross my mind among many others and none of these concerns are valid. I’m here to provide you with some helpful tips for your first boudoir shoot.
- Don’t stress small things such as missing one stray eyebrow hair or being baby’s bottom smooth. You can’t see these tiny things in the photos!
- Do make sure not to wearing tight fitting clothing a few hours beforehand. This will help eliminate any bra, jean or underwear indentations in your skin. Plus, it’s an excuse to go bra-less. Need I say more?
- Do make sure to eat a light meal beforehand. You will need your energy for posing and simply being fabulous!
- Do consider having your hair and makeup done at the studio professionally, not only does it make you feel pampered and beautiful, you won’t have to get ready at all before your shoot! (I always wear sweatpants and a t-shirt. It is so nice showing up with a fresh face and hair and leaving looking like a supermodel.)
- Do get plenty of rest the night before and come hydrated! Your skin will thank you.
- Do bring a pair of black panties and a black bra with you. Also, if you don’t plan on picking an outfit from the studio make sure you bring your outfit selection from home.
- Do remember to have fun, relax and embrace this experience. It is so much fun and so empowering.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact us at the studio.